Two Wisbech theatres join forces and sign partnership agreement
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH’S newest theatre has joined forces with the town’s oldest theatrical institution.
The Act Theatre, which opened last month within the Thomas Clarkson Academy complex, and the Angles Theatre have signed a partnership agreement, which will see the Angles Theatre manage the box office, show staging and front of house duties.
Allison Baverstock, spokesman for The Act Theatre said: “Our aim is to make The Act Theatre a big name on the local and regional entertainment map and we are delighted to have enlisted the expertise of The Angles Theatre to help us to do this.
“The Act Theatre will be bringing a high quality of drama, entertainment and dance to Wisbech and we are hoping that local residents get behind each event and show their support by coming along.”
The 450-seat Act Theatre, paid for by Fenland District Council, will have a fully licensed bar.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Angles Theatre Trustees Kevin Shippey said: “We look forward to consolidating a strong, positive and long lasting relationship between the Angles Theatre, commonly known as ‘Wisbech’s little community theatre’, and The Act Theatre, hopefully to soon be recognised as the ‘largest entertainment venue in Wisbech’.”
The Act Theatre’s next show is David Alacey’s Rat Pack is Back tribute on Saturday, May 18.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
To book tickets call the box office on 01945 474447 or book online at www.act-theatre.co.uk