Two women injured after being trapped in their car in a ditch in Wimblington Road, March following two car crash and two men detained by police, another two are missing
- Credit: Archant
Busy Wimblington Road in March remains closed after a two vehicle collision this afternoon which left two women trapped in their car in a ditch.
The collision happened at around 3.17pm and emergency services including the Magpas air ambulance were called to the scene close to the Hook Drove junction.
Police put a road closure in place at the junction of the A141 and Saxon Way.
Two women were left trapped in their car in a ditch on the B1101 near March following a two car collision.
Two men - a 17-year-old and a 19-year-old - were detained by police following the collision, but a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said two others were still missing.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The crash happened at 3.15pm near the junction with Hook Lane and involved a silver Renault Clio and a Green Lexus IS200.
“The Clio ended in a ditch, and two females were trapped. The Lexus remained on the road, and four people left the car. Two people have been detained.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
The spokesman added that it is not thought the women suffered life threatening injuries, but they have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.