Two young men in their 20s found dead in separate incidents in Ely and Littleport
A MAN in his 20s was found dead at his home in Ely- and another man, also in his 20s, was found hanged in Littleport.
The first, who has yet to be identified, was discovered in Springhead Lane, Ely, after 1pm on Saturday.
He was unresponsive and not breathing and police and ambulance crews were dispatched but he was declared dead at the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said a file had been passed to the coroner who is expected to formally open an inquest in the coming week.
In Littleport, also on Saturday, police were called after a man was found hanged.
You may also want to watch:
A member of the public discovered the man at the rear of a property in Kingsmead Court, near Victoria Street, shortly after 4.30pm.
Police say the man, who was in his 20s and is yet to be identified, was declared dead at the scene by ambulance crews.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called by a member of the public at just after 4.30pm on Saturday following the discovery of a man’s body in an area to the rear of Kingsmead Court in Littleport.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious and has been passed to the coroner.”