Tydd St Giles leisure centre creates 17 jobs
- Credit: Archant
THE opening of a £2million leisure centre in Tydd St Giles has created 17 jobs.
Tydd St Giles Golf & Country Club has hired 17 extra members of staff to help look after the centre’s visitors.
The leisure complex, which features a heated indoor pool and fitness suite, was opened last month by boxing legend Joe Calzaghe.
Adrian Hurst, managing director of the estate, said: “We are thrilled that we’ve been able to create more jobs for local people. This will allow us to draw even more visitors in and continue to grow the business.
“With the additional jobs created by the new complex, Tydd St Giles now employs 50 full and part-time staff.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re now looking forward to welcoming visitors to the new complex.”
The leisure centre was constructed by Wisbech-based Bespoke Oak Supplies Ltd.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Tydd St Giles Golf & Country Club first opened as a nine-hole golf course in 1995 and became a holiday venue in 2009.