Women's Institute's 'brilliant' yarn bombing impresses MP
- Credit: IAN CARTER
I met with members of the Tydd St Giles Women's Institute and Isle of Ely Federation president Beryl Brooks who have yarn bombed the village sign.
The work that has been put into this is brilliant and I was especially impressed by the knitted bird and bird's nest.
Other WI's across the constituency have bombed the railings at Peckover House, the town bridge in March and the clock tower in Doddington.
Well done to all those that have done this to brighten up North East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
MP Steve Barclay
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed