Women's Institute's 'brilliant' yarn bombing impresses MP
- Credit: IAN CARTER
I met with members of the Tydd St Giles Women's Institute and Isle of Ely Federation president Beryl Brooks who have yarn bombed the village sign.
The work that has been put into this is brilliant and I was especially impressed by the knitted bird and bird's nest.
Other WI's across the constituency have bombed the railings at Peckover House, the town bridge in March and the clock tower in Doddington.
Well done to all those that have done this to brighten up North East Cambridgeshire.
MP Steve Barclay
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road