Uncle to appear at Cambridge Crown Court following incident at Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A 45 year old man has been bailed to appear before Cambridge Crown Court after a young couple received serious injuries when they were struck with a car.
Ivan Chapman, of Horsegate Gardens, Chatteris, is charged with attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm following the incident in the cul de sac in which he lived on Sunday December 28.
He appeared at court on Tuesday (30) where his case was adjourned until Tuesday March 17 for a plea and case management hearing.
Chapman’s nephew, Kevin Shaw, of March, suffered head injuries and his teenage fiancée Sophie Siggins received leg injuries in the collision at around 3pm.
The road was sealed off while emergency medics worked for up to an hour and a half giving treatment on the roadside at Horsegate Gardens before the couple were taken in separate ambulances to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A resident said the road was sealed off and nobody was allowed to enter or leave until forensics had carried out their investigations.
Two ambulances and a Magpas senior paramedic rushed to the scene at about 3pm where they gave treatment at the scene before taking the couple to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital