Union J member donates t-shirt to Fordham school
- Credit: Archant
JAMIE ‘JJ’ Hamblett, lead singer of boyband Union J, has donated a t-shirt worn live on TV to his old primary school.
The former Fordham Primary School pupil’s t-shirt will be auctioned off on e-bay with the money raised spent on improving the school’s playgrounds.
The t-shirt was worn on Comic Relief night and has been signed by all four members of the band, which shot to fame on the X Factor last year.
JJ has kept close ties to his former community, even popping into Fordham Primary School to surprise its pupils, including his younger sister who still attends there.
A spokesman for the Friends of Fordham School said: “This is a lovely gesture from JJ and we hope it can really raise some money for the school.”
You may also want to watch:
The t-shirt will go on auction on Thursday May 30. The auction end will coincide with the release of Union J’s first single.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend