Donate unwanted glasses at March opticians to help those less fortunate in Africa
- Credit: Archant
Residents in March are being asked to donate their unwanted spectacles to be recycled for less fortunate people in Africa.
The 'Lions Recycle for Sight' campaign sees glasses collected by Lions across the UK before being sent to Medico France in Le Havre.
At Medico France, spectacles from all over Europe are washed and cleaned before being sorted, graded and then placed in plastic wallets.
They are then sent to clubs in Africa, who manage the distribution to those people who need them.
The Lions Club of March has taken an active part in the project for several years.
You may also want to watch:
They cannot recycle the cases but do ask that glasses wrapped in an envelope to protect them.
You can leave them at the following locations at any time during their opening hours:
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
Selby and Taylor Opticians, March and Chatteris.
Bowsers Solicitors March
St Peters Church
Please get in touch with March Lions by contacting the club sectary Derek Rutter on 01354 651892 or email email@example.com