Up to £2,000 available for Cambridgeshire groups which divert young people away from a life of crime
- Credit: Archant
Community groups and charities could get their hands on up to £2,000 if they apply to the Cambridgeshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner’s Youth Fund.
Sir Graham Bright has set up the fund to support work with young people to divert them away from a life of crime.
The projects must be related to activities that have the potential to reduce youth crime, linked to the commissioner’s pledge to continue to tackle crime and disorder.
Sir Graham said: “My Youth Fund has already helped projects across Cambridgeshire engage young people in positive activities that help keep them on the right track.
“A small amount of money can make a big difference to help stop some youths going off the straight and narrow, giving them something interesting and positive to do that channels their energy in a constructive way.
You may also want to watch:
“Previous grants have included new equipment for an amateur boxing club, the painting of a mural in community gardens and a project to restore old motorbikes.”
Charities and community groups can bid for up to £2,000 through the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation, which assesses applications, before a grant panel makes the final decision on awards.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Successful grant recipients will need to track the impact of their work, but advice on how to do that is available.
To find out more about applying for a grant visit www.cambscf.org.uk/pcc.html