Up to five vehicles thought to have been involved in collision on main road out of town
- Credit: Archant
As many as five vehicles are thought to have been involved in an accident on the outskirts of March yesterday afternoon
Paramedics arrived quickly on the scene together with Cambridgeshire fire and rescue and police.
The collision happened on the Wisbech Road at Westry and near to the turning with Hostmoor Avenue.
Police said the Wisbech Road remained closed at the Peas Hill roundabout for more than an hour.
A police spokesman said the incident caused congestion through the town and on the bypass and at one stage urged motorists to avoid the area if possible.
You may also want to watch:
A witness said one person was treated for injuries by paramedics.
The incident is thought to have happened around 1.30pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage