Up to four vehicles reported to be involved in collision that closed A47 in both directions at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The A47 through Wisbech was closed for a time tonight following reports of up to four vehicles being involved in a serious collision.
The A47 through Wisbech was closed for a time tonight following reports of up to four vehicles being involved in a serious collision. Motoring organisations have been urging people to avoid the town if possible for the next few hours until the congestion eases.
Emergency services are at the scene and hundreds of motorists either travelling through the Fens or heading home tonight are facing long delays.
The collision occurred at the A47 junction with the A1101 and the B198 Cromwell Road.
The X1 First bus service is also severely delayed and updates are being posted regularly through their social media outlets with the hash tag #Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Green has also been using social media to warn passengers.
One casualty, a woman in her 30s, suffered a badly fractured ankle and was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
No one else needed hospital treatment.