UPDATE: A142 re-opened after two-vehicle collision near Stuntney
- Credit: Archant
A woman has suffered serious injuries following a two-vehicle smash on the A142 this morning.
Three ambulances, police and fire crews from both Ely and Soham were called to a stretch of the busy road near Stuntney at 6.24am following reports that a Toyota Corolla and a BMW were involved in a head-on smash.
Fire crews removed the roof of the Corolla and released the woman into the care of paramedics, who took her to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Her injuries were described by police as serious but not life threatening.
There were no other injuries reported.
You may also want to watch:
The A142 was closed from Station Road in Ely right through to the Shade roundabout in Soham until 9am, when police re-opened it to traffic.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover