UPDATE: Crash between two off-road bikes leaves riders seriously injured
TWO riders were seriously injured when their off-road motorbikes collided in Ely.
A 23-year-old riding a Honda bike was left with life-threatening injuries, whereas a 15-year-old had a broken thumb in three place and required surgery at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The incident is believed to have happened when the two motorbikes were competing for a narrow entrance to the track at the Goose Fen Drove junction with Barway Road, Ely at 5.38pm yesterday (Sunday).
The family of the 15-year-old are awaiting further details about his injuries, while the 23-year-old is being treated in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Sergeant Chris Huggins, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Huggins at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas