UPDATE: Doddington man involved in collision on A10 in which 35 year old Cambridge motorist dies
- Credit: Archant
A 67 year-old motorist from Doddington was involved in a collision on the A10 near Cambridge in which another motorist died.
Police are investigating the fatal collision which happened at 5pm yesterday (Sunday) on the A10 at Melbourn.
The crash involved a blue Toyota Corolla and a grey Volvo S80 and happened near the junction with Station Road.
The driver of the Corolla, John Mark David Hughes, 35, of Jesus Terrace, Cambridge,
suffered fatal injuries. A 22-year-old man from Cambridge who was a passenger suffered minor injuries, while a 36-year-old woman, also a passenger and from Cambridge, suffered serious but not life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Volvo, a 67-year-old man from Doddington, suffered slight injuries. No-one else was in the vehicle.
The Toyota was travelling north and the Volvo south.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle involved just prior to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact the collision investigation unit on 101.