UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Ely Rail Station.
A MAN in his thirties died after being hit by a train at Ely on Tuesday night.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Ely station on Tuesday following a report of a man being struck by a train.
“Officers from BTP and Cambridgeshire police attended the incident, which was reported to police at 8.37pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Medics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended, but the man, believed to be in his late thirties, was pronounced dead at the scene. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
There were delays of more than an hour on all services travelling through the city, though normal service was resumed for rush hour on Wednesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The train involved was the 19:45 Peterborough to Colchester service. The line was handed back to Network Rail at 10pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend