UPDATE: Motorcyclist ‘critical’ after crash which closed A47 between King’s Lynn and Wisbech
A MOTORCYCLIST is in a critical condition after a serious crash involving a minibus on the A47 this morning.
The collision happened on the single carriage stretch between the Pullover roundabout at West Lynn and the Tilney All Saints roundabout at 7.50am.
The A47 between King’s Lynn and Wisbech has now re-opened.
An off-duty nurse was first at the scene and has been thanked by paramedics for their quick actions.
The motorcyclist, believed to be an 18-year-old man, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with head and chest injuries by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Three passengers from the minibus were taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, but their injuries are not thought to be serious.
A police spokesman said the A47 would remain shut between the Pullover roundabout and the A1101 junction at Wisbech for some time while the vehicles are recovered.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital