UPDATE: Motorist in serious condition after A142 smash
A MOTORIST suffered serious injuries following a two-vehicle smash on the A142 on Tuesday morning.
A car and a van were involved in the collision near the junction with Witcham Toll at about 7.37am, with the both vehicles ending up off the road and the van on its roof.
The air ambulance was called and a motorist was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with what were described as serious injuries.
The condition of a second motorist is unknown.
The road was blocked by the smash in both directions, with police forced to set up a diversion through Wardy Hill and Coveney.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was tailed back in both directions and motorists were urged to find alternative routes.
Police managed to clear the scene by 1pm, with the road reopened and traffic flowing normally again shortly after.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government