UPDATE: Motorist killed in four-vehicle collision on A142
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man in his 40s died following a collision on the A142 in Mepal this morning (November 7).
The collision involved two HGVs and two cars. The driver of one of the HGVs sustained fatal injuries, the driver of the other HGV sustained minor injuries. The drivers of both cars were uninjured.
A section of the A142 near Mepal was closed following the collision, which happened at about 8.50am on the A142 between the Block Fen and Sutton roundabouts.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters from Ely and Chatteris had assisted police at the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said one person had died in the incident and another was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “We were called to a serious traffic incident, thought to have involved four vehicles, on the A142 near at 9.07am. We sent one ambulance, two rapid response cars and the air ambulance.
“Crews were called to help four patients, one of who was very sadly declared deceased at the scene.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 3 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
“We treated one patient for a suspected hand injury, and conveyed them to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by land ambulance for further care.
“The two other patients were assessed and given treatment by crews at the scene, but were safe to be discharged and did not require hospital treatment.”
Anyone with information should call the collision investigation unit on 101.