UPDATE: Mum-to-be pays tribute to her boyfriend and her brother killed in March collision
A MUM-TO-BE has paid tribute to her boyfriend and her brother who were killed in a collision in the early hours of yesterday.
Dominic (Dom) Iliffe, 24, of Boadicea Court, Chatteris, and James Kiely, 27, of Drew Road, Silverton, London, died in a collision with a Vauxhall Astra van in Wimblington Road, March, which happened at 3.25am on Sunday.
James celebrated seeing his baby for the first time with girlfriend Abigail (Abby) Iliffe, Dom’s sister, last Tuesday.
Miss Iliffe posted on Facebook: “To my big brother Dom! I love you, thanks for always being there, such a great brother and a great person.
“I love you and I miss you and you will never be forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
“To my lover, my boyfriend, daddy to baby Kiely and my best friend James! I love you more than you will ever know! Being with you and knowing you has been the biggest honour and pleasure of my life.
“I love you more than anything in this world and will never forget our time spent together. Your the best thing that ever happened to me and this baby will know you for the kind, loving, funny, honest gentlemen you are. I love you baby, kiss kiss. RIP boys, sleep tight xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
James commented on seeing his baby on the social networking site last week. He said: “Seen my baby for the first time today, so proud. Baby Kiely will be with us in six months. Abigail Iliffe - you have made me the happiest man alive xxx.”
The 27-year-old had only started working at Westfield’s shopping centre in London in September and the couple, who live in London, came to visit her mother in Chatteris for the weekend with James and Dom heading into March for a night out.
Paul Stratford, Dom’s step-father and Neale-Wade vice principal, visited the site of the incident with Dom’s father Bill, Miss Iliffe and Dom’s mum, Samantha Taylor, who also works at Neale-Wade.
The road was closed for several hours while investigations were carried out.
Floral tributes have been placed at the scene where the collision took place.
Pc Tim Kirkby, of the Roads Policing Unit, said: “Investigations are under way to determine the cause of the collision and I would appeal to anyone who has information about this incident to contact police.”
CONTACT: The Roads Policing Unit on 101.