UPDATE: Police arrest three people after shed fire reveals cannabis haul
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested three people after uncovering a haul of cannabis at a house in Soham on Saturday.
Officers were called to the address, in Northfield Park, Soham, at about 3pm following reports that a shed had caught fire and was in danger of spreading to nearby homes.
But, when officers arrived, they discovered the shed was packed with cannabis plants and further plants were discovered in the house and a neighbouring property.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called to reports of a fire at a shed in a garden in Northfield Park, Soham, shortly after 3pm on Saturday.
“On arrival officers discovered a number of cannabis plants in the shed and in the house and adjourning property.
You may also want to watch:
“Two men, aged 66 and 53, and a 49-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and have been bailed until December 5.”
Residents living on the estate said that three fire engines were also in attendance and had the blaze under control quickly.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Officers – including PCSOs - were called to prevent passers-by getting close to the scene.
The neighbour, who took these photos, said: “You could see the flames from some distance away. However thanks to the prompt response by the fire service it seemed to be contained quite quickly.”