UPDATE: Two teens arrested in connection with Wisbech car arson spate
TWO teenagers have been arrested in connection with eight arson attacks on cars in Wisbech.
Police and the fire service were called to reports of vehicles on fire in Lerowe Road, Stow Road, Bush Lane, Oakley Close and Ramnoth Road between 2.18am and 3am yesterday (Thursday, May 24).
The first incident involved a silver MG which was set alight outside The College of West Anglia in Ramnoth Road.
A Vauxhall Corsa suffered slight damage after offenders tried to set fire to its number plate in Bush Lane. A ‘for sale’ sign was also set on fire nearby.
A Renault Clio and a grey Saab 93 were then set on fire in Lerowe Road before a Peugeot 206 and a Daewoo Matiz were targeted in Stow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two cars were also targeted on driveways in Oakley Close.
The 16-year-old boys were arrested yesterday evening in Wisbech and have been released on police bail until July 12.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire