UPDATE: Woman released on bail in connection with disappearance of Cambridgeshire mum
THE third person arrested in connection with the disappearance of a Cambridgeshire mum has been released on bail.
The 29-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in relation to missing mother-of-one Vitalija Baliutaviciene on Thursday. She has been bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on November 7.
A 39-year-old woman also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender is currently on police bail, while a 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of kidnap and murder remains in Lithuania awaiting extradition.
Vitalija has not been seen since leaving her home in Burmer Road, New England, Peterborough, at 5.10am on Friday August 12.
Police are very concerned for Vitalija’s welfare, especially as she has not been in contact with her 10-year-old son for almost six weeks and also failed to return home for her 30th birthday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are continuing to focus their search around the Upwood area and are keen to trace the movements of a green Mercedes Vito van, registration number ANU 666, between 7am and 9am on the morning Vitalija went missing.
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens