UPDATE: Woman who died in Fenland farm tractor crash named
A WOMAN who died when a tractor crashed into a ditch on a Fenland farm has been named.
Linda Cannon, of Tholomas Drove, was declared dead at the scene when emergency services arrived at the farm in Folleys Drove, Guyhirn shortly before 10am on Saturday (August 18).
The air ambulance was scrambled, with police, fire and road ambulance crews also in attendance.
Police said no other vehicles were involved and they were not treating the incident as suspicious.
The incident has now been passed to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
You may also want to watch:
A HSE spokesman said: “The HSE is aware of the incident and is investigating.
“HSE inspectors visited the scene on Saturday alongside Cambridgeshire Police.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue added: “We were called at 9.47am and one crew from March, one crew from Wisbech and the rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe attended.
“Firefighters assisted police in making sure that the scene was safe.”