Emporium takes business to next level
- Credit: Uptown Fun Emporium
A village emporium has taken its business to the next level with a first floor expansion which sees two independent traders join the ‘party’,
Uptown Fun Emporium in Upwell's Town Street premises is now home to a boutique and a professional photographer.
The emporium diversified during the pandemic when its core business of supplying party goods was badly hit.
Owners Lee and Oona Robinson invited local crafters to sell their hand made and exclusive products alongside usual stock.
“We had a floor of the building that wasn’t really doing anything so we decided to put it to good use,” said Oona.
Wendy Hinde’s Swallowail Pet Photography and Cinders Boutique, owned by Diane Newsome, are now both trading from the store and all three businesses hope to profit from the partnership.
“The response has been great. We have some really talented crafters,” said Oona.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
“It has to be good news for the village.”