Upwell St Peters Church’s 60th Flower Festival set to start
- Credit: Archant
Upwell St Peters Church’s 60th Flower Festival starts tomorrow.
The three-day festival, which runs from 10am to 6pm, Friday to Sunday, has the theme “A Good Read”.
Flower arrangements depicting books including Harry Potter, Charlottes Webb, Womans Weekly, Jolly Postman and autobiographies will be on display.
The first Flower Festival was held in St Peters Rectory, now known as Welle Manor Hall, in 1952.
Tomorrow, Upwell Gilbert and Sullivan Choir will sing light hearted music along with Teddy’s Boys Ukulele Band. Tickets are £7 from Spikings Butchers, Daphne at 01945 772171 or Ros at 01945 773604.
You may also want to watch:
A coffee morning will be held on Saturday with a cake stall, bottle tombola, books, Bric-a-Brac and more.
On Sunday, there will be a morning service at 10.30am with Revd Paul Skillings.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
A Songs of Praise will bring the curtain down on the event at 6pm.
Raffle tickets will be on sale all through the three-day event with the raffle-taking place on the Sunday evening after the service.