Urgent plea for replacement after Rose Fair lorry is impounded in Luxembourg
PARADE chairman Simon Johnson has issued a desperate plea for a lorry after a vehicle bound for this weekend’s Wisbech Rose Fair was impounded... in Luxembourg.
The lorry was supposed to carry the Rosmini Centre’s float in Saturday’s annual parades, which start at 11am and 2pm in Norfolk Street.
But Mr Johnson, from Wisbech Round Table, said: “The Rosmini Centre’s lorry has been impounded in Luxembourg. I have absolutely no idea why it has been impounded.
“I got the message this morning and since then I have been putting out SOS calls.
“You just couldn’t make it up.”
You may also want to watch:
A host of companies have donated their lorries for use in the parade, which this year will sport an Olympic theme.
But Mr Johnson is now seeking one more, with a curtain side trailer, as a last-gasp replacement.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Anybody who can help should contact Mr Johnson on 07831 744402.