Use your creative skills to help spread the word about a worthy Wisbech charity
- Credit: Archant
An exciting new role is up for grabs with a charity that has been established in Wisbech for 38 years.
The Wisbech and District Talking Newspaper is looking for an events and fund raising officer.
“This is an exciting and pivotal role within the charity and will entail organising fund raising and awareness events for the charity, with the support of the committee,” a spokesman said.
“It would also hold the liaison role with local groups and individuals who generously donate to us.”
The Wisbech and District Talking Newspaper was officially founded in October 1978 by Ted Rigg.
You may also want to watch:
It is run by a group of volunteers whose object is to enable the blind and partially sighted to enjoy some local news items and magazine articles they would normally not be able to access.
They produce three recordings per month which listeners can receive on either tape or CD, comprising two one-hour issues of local news and one two-hour magazine of varied interest.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The tapes and CDs are sent out and returned free of charge using the Post Office’s Articles for the Blind postage.
As a registered Charity they rely entirely on donations, bequests, grants and fund raising events.
If you’re interested in helping develop the services to local blind and visually impaired people contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Secretary on 07883 428 954.