V-Force aircraft not existed since 1982
I refer to your report ‘So long, been nice to see you’ on page 6 of the July 3 Cambs Times.
The last sentence refers to ‘the 17 locations where V-Force aircraft (Victor, Valiant and Vulcan) are now based.’
In fact the V-force has not existed since 1982 when the last Vulcan bomber was taken out of service, and no Vulcan has flown on RAF missions since 1984.
Perhaps the report should have said were based?
In addition it ought to have been made clear that Duxford was not one of the 17 V-force bases referred to.
It was always a fighter station up to its de-comissioning as an operational RAF base in 1961.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
High School Close