V-Force aircraft not existed since 1982
I refer to your report ‘So long, been nice to see you’ on page 6 of the July 3 Cambs Times.
The last sentence refers to ‘the 17 locations where V-Force aircraft (Victor, Valiant and Vulcan) are now based.’
In fact the V-force has not existed since 1982 when the last Vulcan bomber was taken out of service, and no Vulcan has flown on RAF missions since 1984.
Perhaps the report should have said were based?
In addition it ought to have been made clear that Duxford was not one of the 17 V-force bases referred to.
You may also want to watch:
It was always a fighter station up to its de-comissioning as an operational RAF base in 1961.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
High School Close