Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- Credit: Archant
A mass Covid-19 vaccination programme begins at Doddington Hospital next week.
Fenland Group Surgery (FGP) – which includes those at Manea and Wimblington -have partnered with other local surgeries for the programme.
Vaccinations will be carried out from 8am to 8pm daily including Saturdays and Sundays.
Patients have been advised not to call their local surgery for details - “you will be contacted by phone with an appointment” said a spokesman.
FGP announced the programme today with an appeal to businesses or others willing to donate warm drinks and snacks to staff and volunteers.
These offers of help are being co-ordinated for the FGP by social prescriber Cat Carman.
FGP also appealed for any supermarkets to come forward who would be willing to donate packs of small bottled water for their post vaccination waiting room?
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
They would also like volunteers to come forward.
Anyone able to offer four hours to the programme is being sought but must be comfortable “managing any physical tasks like standing for long periods or possibly being outside”.
All offers of help are being co-ordinated by Cat and FGP ask that you email her with your phone number as well listing any specific times / days you can do.
“Please email as our receptionists are extremely busy at the moment,” said the statement.
“We would like to thank our amazing community for their support.”