Valentine’s ball to raise money for Little Miracles Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland woman has organised a valentine’s ball to help raise funds for a Fenland charity which helps families who have children with additional needs.
Emelie Northrop, chairman of Little Miracles Fenland, said: “I volunteer to help other families in similar situations to that I have been through with my own child with disabilities. I never want to deny a family the help they need.
“We started one year ago with 10 families and we now have over 350, with the number of families increasing every week still.”
She added: “Fenland is one of the most deprived areas of the country for disabled children’s mental health services. So we support families of children with additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions by providing a vital 24 hour support network to help prevent families and children reach crisis and breakdown.”
The valentine’s ball will take place on February 18 from 7.30pm to 11.30pm at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a champagne reception, professional photographer, buffet-style dinner, raffle, live music from Retro Time, a disco and licensed bar.
Tickets cost £15 each or £100 for a table of ten.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Email email@example.com or call 07957 610621 for more information.
Smart dress code.