Speeding van driver causes mayhem on Fenland road
- Credit: West Norfolk Council
A rental van driver caused mayhem when it followed an ambulance responding to a 999 call.
The van broke speed limits, came dangerously close to the ambulance and forced other vehicles to get out of the way.
Now police want to hear from anyone who may have dash cam footage of the incident from last week.
The incident happened between 6:30 – 6:40am, on the A1122 at Outwell, on February 16 when a silver VW Crafter van followed an ambulance travelling with its blue lights on.
A police spokesperson said: “The van is believed to have driven behind the ambulance through Salters Lode.
You may also want to watch:
“It was driving over the speed limit, and making dangerous manoeuvres, causing other vehicles to move out of the way”.
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the van, or from anyone who may have dashcam footage of the incident.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Those with information or footage are asked to contact PC Hannah Price at Downham Market Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111