Speeding van driver causes mayhem on Fenland road
- Credit: West Norfolk Council
A rental van driver caused mayhem when it followed an ambulance responding to a 999 call.
The van broke speed limits, came dangerously close to the ambulance and forced other vehicles to get out of the way.
Now police want to hear from anyone who may have dash cam footage of the incident from last week.
The incident happened between 6:30 – 6:40am, on the A1122 at Outwell, on February 16 when a silver VW Crafter van followed an ambulance travelling with its blue lights on.
A police spokesperson said: “The van is believed to have driven behind the ambulance through Salters Lode.
You may also want to watch:
“It was driving over the speed limit, and making dangerous manoeuvres, causing other vehicles to move out of the way”.
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the van, or from anyone who may have dashcam footage of the incident.
- 1 Town secures £1million funding for masterplan to make it 'thrive'
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 9 Pride of Whittlesey finalists revealed
- 10 Council plays its part to halt Covid infections in Fens hotspot
Those with information or footage are asked to contact PC Hannah Price at Downham Market Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111