Speeding van driver causes mayhem on Fenland road
- Credit: West Norfolk Council
A rental van driver caused mayhem when it followed an ambulance responding to a 999 call.
The van broke speed limits, came dangerously close to the ambulance and forced other vehicles to get out of the way.
Now police want to hear from anyone who may have dash cam footage of the incident from last week.
The incident happened between 6:30 – 6:40am, on the A1122 at Outwell, on February 16 when a silver VW Crafter van followed an ambulance travelling with its blue lights on.
A police spokesperson said: “The van is believed to have driven behind the ambulance through Salters Lode.
“It was driving over the speed limit, and making dangerous manoeuvres, causing other vehicles to move out of the way”.
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the van, or from anyone who may have dashcam footage of the incident.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 4 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 5 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 8 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
Those with information or footage are asked to contact PC Hannah Price at Downham Market Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111