Van driver is in a serious condition in Addenbrooke’s following a collision with a lorry near Guyhirn roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A van driver is in a serious condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital following a collision on the A47 that caused major tailbacks between March and Wisbech yesterday (Wednesday 22).
The collision, between a white Ford Transit and a red Iveco lorry, happened at about 12.40pm about a mile from the Guyhirn roundabout.
The driver of the Ford, a man in his 30s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a serious condition.
The driver of the lorry, a man in his 40s, was uninjured.
PC Simon Burgin from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit, is appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.”
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Burgin on 101.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder