‘Love Every Drop’ van driver ‘mistakenly drove’ into flooded Welney Wash, Anglian Water reveals
- Credit: Facebook/Welney Flood Watch
An Anglian Water employee mistakenly drove into flooded Welney Wash despite road closed barriers and warnings, the water company has revealed.
We released images of the 'Love Every Drop'-branded van stuck in the wash on Thursday (February 27) after they were spotted by a member of the Welney Flood Watch group.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: "Unfortunately an Anglian Water employee mistakenly drove down the road at Welney Wash which led to his vehicle breaking down.
"The vehicle has now been removed from the flooded road."
The ironic picture has since been shared hundreds of times online and has attracted lots of attention in the flood watch group of more than 3,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the group said: "The stranded vehicle was stuck in the wash at 3pm today on the lower side of the road. Dare I say I think he may have been looking for the leak!"
One resident said: "The air intake is in the middle of the bonnet; you would think that would be fine it's about three foot off the floor."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend