Anglian Water van with the words ‘Love Every Drop’ printed on the side stranded in flooded Welney Wash
- Credit: Facebook/Welney Flood Watch
An Anglian Water works van with the slogan ‘Love Every Drop’ has been pictured stranded in flooded Welney Wash.
The ironic picture was snapped by a member of the Welney Flood Watch Facebook page who was crossing the wash on Thursday, February 27.
Sharing regular updates to its more than 3,000 followers, admins of the Facebook page often share pictures of vehicles stuck in the deep flood water.
A spokesman for the group said: "Good afternoon everyone, I am afraid no change on the levels at all today, still 24cm / nine inches on the road, river levels still at 2.66m
"Picture shows a stranded vehicle that was stuck in the wash at 3pm today on the lower side of the road. Dare I say I think he may have been looking for the leak!"
You may also want to watch:
The post has since attracted dozens of comments and 'likes' online - with one resident even questioning how the driver managed to get stuck.
They said: "The air intake is in the middle of the bonnet, you would think that would be fine it's about three foot off the floor."
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Anglian Water has been contacted for a comment.