Urgent recall on e-cigarettes sold at Argos and Sainsbury’s as they ‘may pose fire risk’, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue warns
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Models of an e-cigarette pen sold at Argos and Sainsbury’s are being recalled by the manufacturer as they ‘may pose a fire risk’ if the battery short circuits.
Firefighters in Cambridgeshire are warning locals of the Vype eTank Pro e-cigarette product re-call after specific model numbers have been short circuiting.
Electrical Safety First have said that if you are in possession of a Vype eTank Pro and/or a standalone battery for the Vype eTank Pro, make sure you check the product code.
All you have to do to check the product code is unscrew the battery’s clearomiser to find the number at the top of the battery.
The following product codes have been affected:
You may also want to watch:
IUK1UG19MBC, IUK1UG19ABC, I6J19MAECetp1, I6J19AAECetp1, I6J19NAECetp1, I6J20MAECetp1, I6J20AAECetp1, I6K09MAECetp1, I6K09AAECetp1, I6K09NAECetp1, I6K10MAECetp1.
I6K10AAECetp1, I6K10NAECetp1, I6K11MAECetp1, I6K11AAECetp1, I6K11NAECetp1, I6K12MAECetp1, I6L09MAECetp1, I6L09AAECetp1, I6L14MAECetp1, I6L14AAECetp1, I6L14NAECetp1.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
I7A04MAECetp1, I7A04AAECetp1, I7A04NAECetp1, I7A05MAECetp1, I7A05AAECetp1, I7A05NAECetp1, I7A07MAECetp1. I7A07AAECetp1, I7A07NAECetp1, I7A08MAECetp1.
A spokesman said: “If you have an affected product, stop using it and return it. You will be offered either a replacement device or a full refund.”
For more information about how to check the product code on your device, visit: www.govype.com/uk/batchcode