Urgent recall on e-cigarettes sold at Argos and Sainsbury’s as they ‘may pose fire risk’, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue warns
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Models of an e-cigarette pen sold at Argos and Sainsbury’s are being recalled by the manufacturer as they ‘may pose a fire risk’ if the battery short circuits.
Firefighters in Cambridgeshire are warning locals of the Vype eTank Pro e-cigarette product re-call after specific model numbers have been short circuiting.
Electrical Safety First have said that if you are in possession of a Vype eTank Pro and/or a standalone battery for the Vype eTank Pro, make sure you check the product code.
All you have to do to check the product code is unscrew the battery’s clearomiser to find the number at the top of the battery.
The following product codes have been affected:
IUK1UG19MBC, IUK1UG19ABC, I6J19MAECetp1, I6J19AAECetp1, I6J19NAECetp1, I6J20MAECetp1, I6J20AAECetp1, I6K09MAECetp1, I6K09AAECetp1, I6K09NAECetp1, I6K10MAECetp1.
I6K10AAECetp1, I6K10NAECetp1, I6K11MAECetp1, I6K11AAECetp1, I6K11NAECetp1, I6K12MAECetp1, I6L09MAECetp1, I6L09AAECetp1, I6L14MAECetp1, I6L14AAECetp1, I6L14NAECetp1.
- 1 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 2 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 10 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
I7A04MAECetp1, I7A04AAECetp1, I7A04NAECetp1, I7A05MAECetp1, I7A05AAECetp1, I7A05NAECetp1, I7A07MAECetp1. I7A07AAECetp1, I7A07NAECetp1, I7A08MAECetp1.
A spokesman said: “If you have an affected product, stop using it and return it. You will be offered either a replacement device or a full refund.”
For more information about how to check the product code on your device, visit: www.govype.com/uk/batchcode