Vehicles set on fire in Wisbech and Tydd St Giles
- Credit: Archant
A pick up truck and car were set on fire in Fenland on Friday night.
Firefighters were called to two separate incidents within half an hour of each other in Wisbech and Tydd St Giles.
At 11.15pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to Knowles Yard, Burrett Road, Wisbech.
A pick-up truck was well alight in an orchard and firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish it.
Crews returned to their stations by midnight.
You may also want to watch:
At 11.45pm, a crew from Wisbech and a crew from Long Sutton were called to Cross Drove, Tydd St Giles.
A car was well alight and firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish it.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
Crews returned to their stations by 1.30am.
The cause of both fires is believed to be deliberate. Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.