Two weeks left to register for a veterans badge if you live in the Fens had have served in the armed forces
- Credit: Crown Copyright
People who have served in the armed forces have just two weeks left to contact Fenland District Council if they would like to be presented with a veterans badge at a special ceremony the authority is staging this summer.
The formal Veterans Day celebration on Friday, June 29, will include a thanksgiving service at St Mary’s Church in Whittlesey, followed by lunch at the Childers Sports and Social Club in Station Road, Whittlesey.
Veterans of all ages and any length of service, who have served in the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Merchant Navy, including volunteer and regular reserves, are welcome to attend and receive an HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge if they have not previously received one.
Any veterans wishing to take part must register their names with the council by Tuesday May 1, to ensure the correct number of badges can be ordered in time for the day.
Contact Joanne Goodrum, the council chairman’s secretary, on 01354 622285 or e-mail email@example.com, with the following details National Insurance number, full name and postal address, date of birth, British service number, Forces service, unit, regiment or squadron in which you served, dates served.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony is being hosted by Councillor Kay Mayor, council chairman, and the badges will be presented by the High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire, Dr Andrew Harter, CBE.
It is being held a day before the nation’s official Armed Forces Day on June 30. A special Armed Forces Day flag will also be flown outside Fenland Hall in County Road, March, for a week.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend