Vicki’s grotto lotto: Santa helps fundraiser net �1,000 towards charity Peru hike
A FUNDRAISER enlisted the help of Santa to raise more than �1,000 towards a 26-mile charity trek in Peru.
Vicki Wright needs to raise �3,700 before she can conquer the 26-mile Inca Trail in May, with 65 per cent of the money going to Macmillan Cancer Support and the rest used to cover the cost of the trip.
The 29-year-old’s total was given a boost over Christmas as she raised a staggering �1047.35 by persuading Santa to set up his grotto in a pub - The Cock Inn, in March.
She said: “The grotto was a great success and I would like to thank everyone that came to see Santa and supported us.
“Special thanks must go to The Cock Inn, 3B Design and Print, Crowson and Ward, Sainbury’s, Boyes, and all of Santa’s helpers.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Wright will join fellow Fenland youth workers Alice Goose and Laura Burgess for the Peru hike, which will see them walk for 12 hours a day.
Her next fundraising event is a social evening and race night at The Cock Inn on January 28, from 7.30pm. Horses for the race night are for sale at �5 each, while a raffle will also take place. For more information contact Ms Wright on 07803718181.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show