VIDEO: Billy Lee’s parents speak about their son’s cancer diagnosis and finding out amputation was the only option
- Credit: Archant
The parents of Billy Lee have spoken of the moment they found out their son had cancer.
Bex and Spencer Lee, of Churchfield Way, Wisbech St Mary, say were “petrified” when they found out about their 20 year-old son’s diagnosis.
Spencer, whose father died of cancer, said it was a “shock”.
Billy’s mother, Bex, said: “When we were told Billy had cancer it was our worst nightmare. We know a lot of people who have had cancer and a lot of them didn’t come through it. We were petrified.”
A 10cm tumour was removed when Billy’s right leg and hip were amputated on January 21.
You may also want to watch:
However, Billy still expects to have to endure up to four more bouts of chemotherapy.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success