VIDEO: Cambridgeshire’s hospitals fighting spread of infection with catchy video
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire’s hospitals have produced an animated video encouraging people to wash their hands to stop bugs spreading this winter.
Cases of the winter vomiting bug norovirus, flu and Clostridium difficile diarrhoea tend to rise during the winter months, so preventing their spread is a priority.
The video joins a series of posters featuring cartoon bugs on display across the hospitals, which are already proving to be a big hit with children.
The Trust also hopes to raise awareness in schools about the importance of hand hygiene.
Addenbrooke Hospital’s deputy chief nurse Sharon McNally said: “Keeping patients safe is our number one priority, and that starts with effective hand hygiene.
You may also want to watch:
“We encourage all staff, visitors and patients to use the hand hygiene facilities provided at the entrance to every ward, and at the end of each bed.
“We have recently rebranded our infection control materials and we hope that our latest addition, this eye-catching video, will encourage people to clean their hands, and also remind them of the correct technique for doing so.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend