VIDEO: Dramatic views from the skies over Ely and the Fens from paramotor enthusiast
- Credit: Archant
AN enthusiast from Ely has put together startling images of what it’s like to be guiding a paramotor over Cambridgeshire.
His video – recorded on a Go-Pro Hero mini camera- has been published on You Tube.
It shows the thrills and spills of the sport – just weeks after a pilot on an outing in a paramotor from March got tangled in electricity lines on landing. He got entangled in the lines and narrowly escaped being electrocuted with the 11,000 volts which the wires carry.
The Ely video shows part of a 50 minute flight and it too wasn’t without incident.
“Engine seized at 700 ft above ground level due to little end bearing failure,” he wrote on You Tube.
You may also want to watch:
“Was only a mile or so from home airfield and initially attempted to glide back there but realised I wasn’t going to make it so dumped down in a field.”
He said an investigation was under way as to why the bearing failed.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Meanwhile the March pilot spent a precautionary night in hospital but was otherwise unscathed.