VIDEO: Ely football starlet joins Norwich City heroes for kit launch
- Credit: Archant
ELY school pupil Ben Collier was given the chance to line-up alongside his heroes as he starred in the official video to promote Norwich City’s brand new home kit.
The eight-year-old, who signed his 2013/2014 contract with the Norwich City Academy last Saturday, spent a whole day filming the Dare to Dream video with Canaries’ goalie John Ruddy – Ben’s idol – and other Norwich City first teamers.
On April 29, Ben was also invited to attend the first leg of the FA Youth Cup Final between Norwich and Chelsea at Carrow Road.
After parading around the pitch, Ben formed the guard of honour to welcome in the teams. The night was made even better when Norwich scored a stoppage time penalty and won.
“Despite having a massive plaster cast on his arm, Ben walked proudly onto the pitch and was even on television,” said head of King’s Ely Junior, Richard Whymark.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a super opportunity and one that I am sure Ben will remember for a long time.”
Ben has trained with the Canaries for the last year. His ambition is to play for Norwich City in the Premier League and become England’s number one goalkeeper.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
The video can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/E0ehqlhfF4s