VIDEO: Ely football starlet joins Norwich City heroes for kit launch
- Credit: Archant
ELY school pupil Ben Collier was given the chance to line-up alongside his heroes as he starred in the official video to promote Norwich City’s brand new home kit.
The eight-year-old, who signed his 2013/2014 contract with the Norwich City Academy last Saturday, spent a whole day filming the Dare to Dream video with Canaries’ goalie John Ruddy – Ben’s idol – and other Norwich City first teamers.
On April 29, Ben was also invited to attend the first leg of the FA Youth Cup Final between Norwich and Chelsea at Carrow Road.
After parading around the pitch, Ben formed the guard of honour to welcome in the teams. The night was made even better when Norwich scored a stoppage time penalty and won.
“Despite having a massive plaster cast on his arm, Ben walked proudly onto the pitch and was even on television,” said head of King’s Ely Junior, Richard Whymark.
“It was a super opportunity and one that I am sure Ben will remember for a long time.”
Ben has trained with the Canaries for the last year. His ambition is to play for Norwich City in the Premier League and become England’s number one goalkeeper.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
The video can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/E0ehqlhfF4s