VIDEO EXTRA: Jody puts yesterday’s outburst behind him as a new day brings a new challenge
JODY Cundy will ride for bronze in the Men’s C4 4km Pursuit Finals this afternoon after qualifying third with a new personal best time of 4:42.005.
After being denied the chance to ride in the 1km Time Trial yesterday, Jody was determined to give it his all on the track today and vowed to show his fans what he could really do.
He was cheered on by the fiercely patriotic crowd who were relieved to see the 33 year old looking focussed and putting in maximum effort to get away from the starting block cleanly.
His spokesman said that “Jody had a phenomenal ride in an event that he has not previously competed in at the Paralympics.
“He’ll be hoping to take bronze in the 4km Pursuit final tonight as he did at the World Championships in LA earlier this year.”
A Channel 4 poll shows overwhelming support for Jody’s outburst after his disqualification yesterday.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Pre-inquest reveals hedgerow visibility may have been issue in A141 crash
- 8 House fire death in Whittlesey 'accidental'
- 9 Ram raids return with a vengeance
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge