VIDEO: Fenland eco-home opens its doors as company offers three-year electricity bill guarantee
A NEW Fenland eco home opened its doors this week - with the sellers so confident in its green technology that they’ve offered to pay the new owner’s electricity bills for three years.
The environmentally-friendly home in Park View Lane, Manea, includes solar panels and a renewable heating system - claiming to offer “unrivalled energy efficiency”.
The four-bedroom house is for sale from eco-specialists Cernunnos Homes and comes with the tag line: “Four Beds. Two Baths. No Bills.”
The company claim that the eco-friendly facilities mean energy savings of up to 70 per cent, plus a new tax-free income as part of the Government-backed Feed in Tariff.
An open day was held on Saturday for the public to inspect the property, with another one planned for tomorrow.
The home’s award-winning heating system harnesses sunlight, air temperature and rain to generate heat and hot water - at around 30 per cent of the cost of traditional fuels such as gas or oil.
The housing company claim to be “so confident that this eco-home will save (and earn) you money” that they will pay all heating and electricity bills for the first three years.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'
The detached home is also fitted with structured cabling to provide high definition video, voice telephone and data internet to every room.
As well as four bedrooms, it features an open-plan kitchen diner, two reception rooms and a garage. The bedrooms are all equipped with underfloor heating.
Cernunnos will continue their Fenland projects as they begin developing four more eco-homes in Marshland St James.
For more information visit: www.cernunnos-homes.co.uk or call 0845 680 2183.