VIDEO: Fenland eco-home opens its doors as company offers three-year electricity bill guarantee
A NEW Fenland eco home opened its doors this week - with the sellers so confident in its green technology that they’ve offered to pay the new owner’s electricity bills for three years.
The environmentally-friendly home in Park View Lane, Manea, includes solar panels and a renewable heating system - claiming to offer “unrivalled energy efficiency”.
The four-bedroom house is for sale from eco-specialists Cernunnos Homes and comes with the tag line: “Four Beds. Two Baths. No Bills.”
The company claim that the eco-friendly facilities mean energy savings of up to 70 per cent, plus a new tax-free income as part of the Government-backed Feed in Tariff.
An open day was held on Saturday for the public to inspect the property, with another one planned for tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The home’s award-winning heating system harnesses sunlight, air temperature and rain to generate heat and hot water - at around 30 per cent of the cost of traditional fuels such as gas or oil.
The housing company claim to be “so confident that this eco-home will save (and earn) you money” that they will pay all heating and electricity bills for the first three years.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
The detached home is also fitted with structured cabling to provide high definition video, voice telephone and data internet to every room.
As well as four bedrooms, it features an open-plan kitchen diner, two reception rooms and a garage. The bedrooms are all equipped with underfloor heating.
Cernunnos will continue their Fenland projects as they begin developing four more eco-homes in Marshland St James.
For more information visit: www.cernunnos-homes.co.uk or call 0845 680 2183.