VIDEO: Footage of motorcyclist causing chaos on the roads travelling at 95mph
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of a motorcyclist who has been fined and received penalty points for careless riding.
The motorcyclist, a 28-year-old man from Surrey, passed a marked police car which was travelling at 70mph on the A14, in March last year.
The rider then undertook a slower vehicle, causing another vehicle to brake. He then accelerated to 95mph.
He was stopped and dealt with for the traffic offence of careless riding, but declined to accept the fine and points and was summonsed to attend Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on February 6.
He did not attend and the case proceeded in his absence.
You may also want to watch:
The magistrate imposed a fine of £600, a victim surcharge of £60, court costs of £225, making a total of £885 plus eight penalty points (the maximum for this offence is nine points).
Roads Policing Unit officer Mark Lappin said: “The rider put himself and other road users in danger through his careless actions.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
“The fine, costs and penalty points he incurred should act as a deterrent to all road users.”