VIDEO & GALLERY: Man arrested after police find 31 cannabis stalks at March home
A MAN has been arrested after police found more than 30 stalks of cannabis during a drugs raid in March this morning.
Officers spent hours clearing drug-growing equipment - including heaters and lights - from the property, in Hundred Road.
The 31 cannabis stalks were discovered hanging in a tent, kept in a bedroom. A quantity of cannabis resin and an old firearm were also discovered.
A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and taken to Huntingdon Police Station.
PC Andrew Rudd said: “We have probably caught it just before it hit the streets, so this is quite a good result for us.
You may also want to watch:
“This raid came about because of information from the public and I would encourage them to keep contacting us.”
PC Rudd estimated that the cannabis would carry a street value of “several thousand pounds”.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
A neighbour said: “I was absolutely flabbergasted when I saw the police cars. I heard all the commotion about 7.30am.
“The smell of cannabis was so strong.”