VIDEO & GALLERY: Molly good fun at annual day of dance
- Credit: Archant
Molly dancers from all over the region enjoyed a fun-filled day in and around Ely on Saturday as the annual Mark Jones Day of Molly Day of Dance was held.
Organised by the Ouse Washes Molly Dancers, the event saw dozens of garishly adorned dancers meet, dance and be merry at a variety of venues across the district including Ely, Little Downham and Upware.
More than 10 sides participated in the event, which stated bright and early at the Cutter Inn, in Ely, making its way around the district before finishing up at the Five Miles From Anywhere Inn, in Upware.
Some of the traditional dances on display included the Black Sheet, Strange and the Mucky Porter, which were all borne out of the group’s links to the Fens.
The event is held in memory of Ouse Washes molly member Mark Jones who was killed in an accident on the road while travelling home from a meet in 2004.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Visit www.ousewashes.com
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage