VIDEO: Joan notches up a first in 46 years as she takes to the river in March - armed with a camera too
- Credit: Archant
ST George’s Fayre gave March community website contributor Joan Munns an excuse for travelling by boat for the first time since she moved to the town 46 years ago.
Joan took this video of trip, making use of the boat provided by Fox’s Marina who were making half-hourly trips along the River Nene all day and raising money for Sue Ryder Hospice.
“The trip went west as far as Marylebone footbridge then back under Town Bridge to the old Middle Level Depot and back to the quay beneath The Ship,” said Joan.
“What a joy, I’ve only lived in March 46 years and it was the first time I’ve been on the river.
“The conversation on the video is about The Hythe, the house that burned down in Nene Parade last year and storm drains (and of course the weather).”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Sorry the video is wonky the weight distribution was a bit awry in the boat and I don’t recognise level or vertical anyway.”
Joan first posted her video on Shape Your Place, where she is a regular contributor to the county council run website.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash