VIDEO; Meet the former Mayor of March who may not walk on water but believes she can walk, safely, on fire!
- Credit: Archant
A former Mayor of March is one of the brave people who have signed up to walk over scalding hot coals for charity.
Councillor Jan French has agreed to do Georges Charity Firewalk next Friday, the night of the March Christmas Lights Switch-On.
Cllr French will be raising funds to help with the upkeep of Estover Playing Field.
She admits she is feeling “apprehensive” about her first firewalk but says it is crucial to support the tireless volunteers who look after the field.
A host of people are taking on the firewalk for good causes - Jeffrey Mann is walking for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research and others are contacting the pub to say they are considering taking on the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To take part, you need to raise £150 for charity. Before the walk, you will receive training from firewalk experts who run the challenge.
For more information and to get an application form, go to www.georges-march.co.uk or the Facebook page Firework for Charity.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'