VIDEO; Meet the former Mayor of March who may not walk on water but believes she can walk, safely, on fire!
- Credit: Archant
A former Mayor of March is one of the brave people who have signed up to walk over scalding hot coals for charity.
Councillor Jan French has agreed to do Georges Charity Firewalk next Friday, the night of the March Christmas Lights Switch-On.
Cllr French will be raising funds to help with the upkeep of Estover Playing Field.
She admits she is feeling “apprehensive” about her first firewalk but says it is crucial to support the tireless volunteers who look after the field.
A host of people are taking on the firewalk for good causes - Jeffrey Mann is walking for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research and others are contacting the pub to say they are considering taking on the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To take part, you need to raise £150 for charity. Before the walk, you will receive training from firewalk experts who run the challenge.
For more information and to get an application form, go to www.georges-march.co.uk or the Facebook page Firework for Charity.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital