Video: Mr T discovers Fenland in Ely bus company’s promotional video
- Credit: Archant
MR T has helped an Ely bus company’s promotional video go viral.
Sadly it is not the actual Mr T but a very convincing impersonator who appears in Grey’s of Ely’s video, which got nearly 1,000 hits in 24 hours.
Richard Grey, managing director, said: “We are aware social media is ramping up and we decided it would be nice to do something tongue in check.
“The idea came up do use someone famous and Mr T was mentioned because he spans several generations.
“We hired an impersonator, wrote a script and filmed the video within a week.
You may also want to watch:
“It got nearly 1,000 hits within 24 hours and has done very well in trade magazines.
“Our web traffic and enquiry levels have doubled.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Grey’s of Ely founded in 1946 by Charles Grey who, at that time, provided not only coach travel but also the local taxi, wedding, hearse and ambulance service.
The third generation family business has grown from one small 29-seat coach to a 26 strong fleet.
It moved in the early 1990’s to Witchford and now employs more than 25 staff.